The School Social Worker’s responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
• Enhancing school attendance
• Child and family advocacy
• Community referral, liaison work, and collabo- ration
• Conflict mediation and resiliency building
• Crisis intervention
• Home visiting
• Increasing school graduations
• Partners in education and mental health
• Teaching alternatives to violence and gangs
• Youth suicide prevention and intervention
The NH School Social Workers Association is an Affiliate with the School Social Work Association of America.
Those interested in membership may join the state association only or both the state and na- tional organizations at a reduced rate. For joint membership, members may receive liability insurance, school social work journals, and other resources.
For more information on member benefits, please visit www.sswaa.org.
Clinical collaboration and networking with colleagues providing social work services in NH schools.
Providing an active voice in public policy.
Providing leadership in the field.